Home Generator Installation in Bloomfield
Providing Light in the Unexpected Darkness
Power outages are a nuisance, but they can also become dangerous under any circumstances. If you rely on electrical-powered medical equipment, for example, an outage can put your life at risk. Food can go bad without a working refrigerator, cellphones and computers can run out of battery, and your HVAC systems can stop working. At best, these issues can be inconvenient, but at worst, they can be fatal.
Learn more about our home generator installations when you call us at (860) 566-9887! We proudly serve customers across Bloomfield, CT.
Our Bloomfield generator installers are the trusted professionals to help you prepare for the unexpected, helping prevent a bad situation from getting worse. We provide a full range of home generator installation services to help your home withstand the darkness, whether it is caused by blackouts, natural disasters, collisions with power poles, or extreme weather. Count on Hadden Home Services to provide the peace of mind you and your family need and deserve.
Portable Generator vs. Standby Generator
Home generators fall under two primary categories: Portable and standby. Unfortunately, far too many people believe a portable generator is the best option for them because it’s cheaper. In reality, a portable generator can cost you a lot more in the long run, which is why a standby generator could be your best bet during a power outage.
- Operate on gasoline, propane, or diesel
- Must be refueled every few hours depending on power outage
- Noisier and produce less power than standby generators
- More affordable
- Requires manual operation when the power goes out
- No installation required
- Exposed parts
- Can only operate a few appliances at once
- Risk of carbon monoxide exposure
- Use natural gas or propane, requiring no refueling
- Function automatically when the power goes out, requiring no homeowner operation
- Can last for days or weeks
- Permanently installed
- More expensive
- More expensive
- Fully enclosed
- Can power essential appliances and systems
- Protection from carbon monoxide exposure
As you can see, you’re better off getting a standby generator installed than handling a portable generator when the power goes out. You never know what weather conditions or disasters you will have to bear when using a portable generator, and your safety could be at risk altogether. It’s not worth it.
Why You Should Never DIY a Generator Installation
Your safety is our #1 priority. As such, you should never do electrical work of any kind by yourself. Professionals are licensed, certified, and trained in projects such as generator installations, so it is in your best interests to leave it up to the professionals and ditch the DIY.
If you’re still not convinced that you need a professional generator installer, take a look at the following reasons why you should NEVER install a standby generator yourself:
- You may not know which standby generator is right for your home
- Working with natural gas is dangerous if you’re not a trained professional
- You could be at risk of electrocution
- You may not know how to make the precise load calculations needed before purchasing a standby generator
- The process can take several days or weeks to complete properly
- You may need a permit depending on your city’s ordinances
- You must consider regulatory concerns, such as the noise levels, location, and infrastructure of the generator
Safety is priceless. With this in mind, you should turn to our experienced and reliable home generator installers at Hadden Home Services. Homeowners throughout Bloomfield trust our professionals to provide top-quality, cost-effective, and reliable standby generator services using industry-leading products and standards.
Don’t wait until the lights go out to call us at (860) 566-9887 and discuss your needs. We look forward to speaking with you!
“My family was very pleased with the service.”- Jennifer M.
“Extremely professional, clean and courteous.”- Cub M.
“It's nice to know you have a professional electrical service you can count on.”- Curtis J.